Assignment 2: Hacking the AIS
In today’s technology environment, hackers present a substantial risk to a firm’s accounting or business system. As the result of these attacks, firms suffer huge losses, ranging from financial losses to losses in confidence by consumers, creditors, and suppliers. Firms may have made a significant investment in financial and non-financial resources to secure these systems.
For this assignment, research the Internet or Strayer databases for information related to business systems that have been hacked.
Write a five to seven (5-7) page paper in which you:
- Based on the information you researched, evaluate the level of responsibility of the company in terms of the effectiveness of the response to the security breach. Provide support for your rationale.
- Imagine that the company that you researched uses a third-party accounting system. Assess the level of responsibility of the software provider to both the business and its clients. Provide support for your rationale.
- Create an argument for additional regulation as a preventative measure against businesses being hacked. Provide support for your argument.
- Provide at least three (3) recommendations for businesses to secure their systems and assets from hackers. Provide support for your recommendation.
- Use at least three (3) quality resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia and similar Websites do not qualify as quality resources.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
- Examine control and security concepts related to accounting information systems to ensure data integrity and safety.
- Use technology and information resources to research issues in accounting information systems.
- Write clearly and concisely about accounting information systems using proper writing mechanics.