For this project, you will compose a researched response to Peter Singer’s article “America’s Shame.” This assignment allows you to assess and defend the reasonableness of personal beliefs through critical assessment of Singer’s arguments and the presentation of your own, original arguments on the subject.
Review the following:
- Singer, P. (2009). America’s shame. The Chronicle of Higher Education, 55(27), B6–B10. (EBSCO AN 37137370)
Develop a Microsoft PowerPoint presentation summarizing the main points of the article. Keep in mind that while bullet points are acceptable, complete sentences should be used throughout the presentation.
Complete the following:
- Describe the portions of Singer’s article you seek to engage/critique.
- Using the tools of evaluation you have learned throughout the course, create an original argument to Singer’s article that advances your own thesis in light of Singer’s argument. Clearly state your argument position, using complete sentences to do so.
- Remember the nature of the stance is not important; you can agree or disagree with any point Singer makes within this article. The important thing is you construct a stance that clearly engages a portion of Singer’s text. Including properly cited examples from the article is suggested.
- Support your argument with the use of original research. Use at least three credible, academic resources to support your positions. These should be sources other than Singer’s “America’s Shame” article.
Develop an 8-slide presentation in Microsoft PowerPoint format. Be sure to include two additional slides—one for the title and the other for references. Apply APA standards to citation of sources.