Before you respond and want to do this Essay I am going to check and make sure you have the references to support that y ou can do English Comp for College. This is what I need done and Please if you did not take English Comp do not respond and ask to do this for me, whoever I choose will be doing all the work I will need for the next 5 weeks, it is a Accelarated class a Mini I have maintained a 4.0 and I want to try as hard as possible to keep it this way. I have had some Wonderful Tutors and I hopefully will find that special person again so we can start from here. Below you will see what my Assignment is Thank you in advance Laura
Students, please view the “Submit a Clickable Rubric Assignment” video in the Student Center.
Instructors, training on how to grade is within the Instructor Center.
Assignment 1: Summary and Personal Response
Due Week 2 and worth 120 points
Select one essay in The brief McGraw-Hill guide: Writing for college, writing for life: (2nd ed.) to summarize for this assignment. Choose from the following essays: “Se habla Espanol” by Barrientos; “Facing poverty with a rich girl’s habits” by Kim; “On becoming a writer” by Baker; “Farm girl” by Hemauer
Write a one and one-half to two (1½ – 2) page summary paper in which you:
- Identify the source (writer and title of essay) and state his or her most important point in your own words.
- Summarize the other main points and their supporting details in separate paragraphs.
- Discuss the (1) writer’s purpose, (2) genre, (3) audience, and (4) tone (attitude),
- Describe your emotional response to the essay.
- Use quotations, paraphrase, and summary correctly.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
- Recognize how to use quotations, paraphrase, and summary in the writing process.
- Apply the writing process to develop various writing genres.
- Write clearly and concisely about selected topics using proper writing mechanics.
Grading for this assignment will be based on answer quality, logic / organization of the paper, and language and writing skills, using the following rubric.
Click here to view the grading rubric.