In Units 3, 4, and 5, we continue to develop our course project. In Unit 3, you selected one company from the list below and wrote a paper about their supply chain strategy and their use of forecasting and planning to develop their strategy. In Unit 4, you prepared a PowerPoint presentation to explain your company’s transportation and warehousing strategy to potential investors and lenders.
- L. L. Bean.
- Johnson and Johnson.
For your Unit 5 assignment, you are to research and write about your company’s Information Management System and respond to the following questions. You can research your responses in your textbook, in the Capella library, and on the Internet:
- Describe their information management system (IMS).
- Does their IMS give them a competitive advantage over their competition?
- How does the IMS help coordinate between supply chain partners?
- Explain how the IMS helps monitor orders and inventory levels, and satisfy customers.
- Explain why managing information is equally or more important to the company than moving products.
Submit your answer in a Microsoft Word document in 800–1000 words. All written assignments should follow APA style and formatting guidelines for attributing sources.