Read the following case:
Pam Jones worked for 41 years at the same company and had positive performance ratings and personnel records. She needed a calculator for work which she purchased with her own money but was not reimbursed because she lost the receipt. Later, a security guard stopped her as she was leaving work and discovered the calculator in her belongings. After a brief internal investigation, she was fired and it was announced through internal notices that she had committed a theft. The employee sued for libel, saying the company used her as an example to prevent other thefts.
- What are the key issues in this case?
- As the HR Director, how would you resolve this case?
- Locate sources to support your resolution.
Here are the requirements:
- 3-5 double spaced pages (not including title, abstract, and reference pages)
- Minimum of 3 sources
- 12-point font, Times New Roman typeface
- APA 6th edition for citations and references