I need a Business Mgmt paper
Assignment 2: Case Study 9.5: Swedish Daddies
Due Week 8 and worth 275 points
Read Case 9.5: Swedish Daddies, located here or on page 351 of your textbook.
Write a four to six (4-6) page paper in which you answer the following questions:
- Describe the balance that you currently seek between career and family life. Do you believe that the mindset of corporate America is conducive to the type of work and family arrangement that would suit you? Explain the major reasons why or why not.
- Explain whether or not you believe the United States should require companies to provide paid maternity leave. Suppose the U.S. did make maternity leave a requirement. Discuss whether or not you believe the U.S. government should assist companies to do so. Describe your stance on the U.S. requiring companies to offer paternity leave. Provide a rationale for your position.
- Should specialized organizational arrangements be made for workers who wish to combine career and child raising? Explain why or why not. Suppose specialized organizational arrangements must be made for such workers. Identify steps that companies can take to accommodate parental needs more effectively.
- Does a firm have an obligation to give employees the flexibility to work out the particular balance of career and family that is right for them? Or does this go beyond the social responsibilities of business? Justify your response.
- Cite your textbook as a reference.
Business Ethics : A Textbook with Cases 8th
Author: William H. Shaw
Edition: 8th, Eighth, 8e Year: 2013 Format: Paperback 480 page
ISBN 13: 9781133943075 (978-1-133-94307-5)
ISBN: 1133943071 (1-133-94307-1)
More Editions: Ebook