Subject: Research and report on a controversial topic in the field of infant and toddler development.
Objective: Demonstrate the ability to research a controversial topic in the field, and come to an evidence-based conclusion.
Description of assignment:
- Choose a controversial topic that interests you from this course. Find two academic articles (not websites or popular publications), published after 2005, that take opposing views on this topic.
- Describe the issue, and explain why it is controversial.
- For each article, describe:
- The author(s)’ position
- How the author justified his or her position
- The conclusion the author(s) reached
- Any biases you think the article may have
- Identify the two articles, the author(s) and the date of publication, both in the body of the paper and in an attached Reference list
- Describe and justify your opinion on this topic, now that you have researched it.
Format and Length: Word document with separate title page and reference list, not included in the word count;