Annual Review of Psychology, 53, 575-604.
- Discuss in detail the concepts that lead to the intergroup conflict, such as stereotypes, prejudice, and discrimination. How have these attitudes and behaviors created and perpetuated the ongoing conflict?
- Discuss the different strategies to reduce intergroup conflict found in your text and the Hewstone article.
- Looking back at the course discuss 2 to 3 additional concepts that could be applied in helping a person overcome these negative attitudes and behaviors.
- Keeping these strategies and concepts in mind, what activities and/or programs can you create that will help these boys overcome this conflict and learn to work together, respect each other, and come to see each other’s differences as valuable. Briefly summarize each program/strategy in 2 to 3 sentences each in preparation for part 2 of this project.
- A detailed outline of each of the 3 to 4 programs/strategies that you would like to put into place at the center.
- Discuss for each program/strategy why you believe it will be effective within the context of your detention center.
Saturday, August 30, 2014 deliver your assignment to the
M5: Assignment 1 Dropbox.
|Assignment 1 Grading Criteria||
|Discusses the concepts that lead to the intergroup conflict and how behaviors created and perpetuated the ongoing conflict.||
|Discusses the different strategies to reduce intergroup conflict and cites relevant resources for the text and the Hewstone article.||
|Discusses 2 to 3 additional concepts that could be applied to overcoming the negative attitudes and behaviors.||
|Develops and summarizes 3 to 4 activities and/or programs that can be implemented.||
|Create a 4- to 8-slide PowerPoint presentation (not including title and reference slides) to present to the board of directors for the detention center that will cover the following:
|Standard presentation components: