Media is the plural of medium and is a broad term that may refer to mass communication forms such as print (including newspapers and magazines), radio and television broadcasting, advertising, photography, and cinema.
Unlike mass media, social media functions in a dialogic manner (many sources to many receivers) while mass media function in a monologic manner (one source to many receivers). There are other important differences as well.
Describe at least three additional factors that distinguish social media from mass media.
1. Locate a credible timeline of social media and add an active hyperlink to that source, so others may click on the link and view your timeline.
2. How did this timeline get your attention?
3. What about this timeline do you find engaging? If it was not engaging to you, what was missing?
4. Locate a website credibility checklist and select one for use in this assignment. Add an active hyperlink to that source in your initial post so others may click on the link and view your checklist.
5. Does the social media timeline you used in this discussion meet the criteria for online credibility per your checklist? Why or why not?
6. Why is credibility a critical aspect of social media?
Create a 1 page essay in APA format according to the instructions above. Use 2 credible sources for references. Be sure to include in-text citations.