- Resources: the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) website press releases (https://www.eeoc.gov/); Local news website for news item
- Explore the EEOC website to learn more about the organization.
- Click the About the EEOC link and select Newsroom. Select a press release from the Newsroom about an employee lawsuit published within the last six months (include date in paper)
- Search the Internet to find at least one news item from a news organization about the lawsuit you selected from the EEOC Newsroom, preferably select a news item from the state in which the incident occurred. Clearly identify the news item (Name of news item, author/news source, date) in paper.
Write a 1,050- to 1,200-word paper (do not exceed word count, must meet minimum word count) that includes the following:
- Introduction with the full name and date of the EEOC lawsuit selected from the EEOC Newsroom
- A description of the compliance issue (racism, sexism, ageism, religion and so on) that led to the lawsuit and its ramifications for the organization
- A brief summary of the functions of the EEOC in one paragraph
- The EEOC’s role in the lawsuit you selected from the EEOC Newsroom
- Whether or not this lawsuit promotes social change; justify your reasoning
- A comparison of the EEOC Newsroom press release to the news item from the state where the lawsuit occurred. What accounts for the differences?
- Strategies you would implement, if you were a senior manager of this company, to ensure future compliance and inclusion in the multicultural workplace. (Use and cite strategies from Understanding and Managing Diversity text).
Include references to the EEOC Newsroom press release and News item.
Format your paper according to 300 course-level APA guidelines. See Student Resources for guidelines.
Submit your Microsoft® Word assignment to the Assignment Files tab.