Scanners and Xerox
With the advent of scanners and the universality of the portable document format (PDF), the market for optical copiers is shrinking rapidly. Can a company such as Xerox Corporation survive? In this assignment, you will address this question.
Research the issues faced by Xerox from 2000–2010 and the solutions found using the assigned readings, the Argosy University online library resources, and the Internet. Specifically review the company’s annual report at the following:
- Xerox Corporation http://news.xerox.com/investors/reports
Respond to the following:
- Identify multiple business pressures on Xerox.
- Describe some of the company’s response strategies.
- Identify the role of IT as a contributor to the business technology pressures (for example, obsolescence).
- Identify the role of IT as a facilitator of Xerox’s critical response activities.
- Support your positions with reasons and examples based on your research.
Write a 3–5-page paper in Word format. Apply APA standards to citation of sources.
|Assignment 2 Grading Criteria||
|Described the problems and solutions of Xerox from 2000–2010.||
|Identified multiple business pressures on Xerox and their response strategies.||
|Identified the role of IT as a contributor to the business technology pressures.||
|Identified the role of IT as a facilitator of Xerox’s critical response activities.||
|Writing is clear, concise, and in an organized manner; demonstrates ethical scholarship in accurate representation and attribution of sources; and displays accurate spelling, grammar, and punctuation.||