- Apply a sociological perspective to the social world
- Analyze contemporary social issues using the sociological imagination and use sociological theories and concepts to analyze everyday life.
- Demonstrate the ability to identify, locate, and retrieve information related to the topics in the course.
- Develop written communication skills and critical thinking skills.
- Apply American Psychological Association formatting and citation style when completing course assignments.
Weekly Supplemental Material Post
1) Find and post 1 piece of supplemental material (i.e. website, article, book, video, etc – NOT wikipedia) relevant to this week’s readings (see below for more detail).
2) Post a substantive forum discussion and comment to at least ONE other student’s supplemental material post in this thread (by clicking reply)
Supplemental Material post must include:
1) a link or attachment for the supplemental material,
2) an APA formatted citation for the source of the material,
3) a brief description of the material, and
4) a discussion about why it is relevant to the week’s assigned reading – include at least 1 sociological concept (this should include identifying, defining (using the text) and then applying the sociological concept)
Initial forum postings should be a minimum of 150 words. Each student must also respond to a minimum of 1 fellow students’ postings; each response must be at least 100 words in length.