The Definition Essay requires you to fully explain a single term by giving definitions. You can call upon your personal experiences with this word but must remain objective and write your essay from
the third person point of view. The essay will be two to three pages in length and employ APA format.
Follow these guidelines to write your Definition Essay:
- Choose one of the following topics:
- Include an APA title page
- This essay does not require outside sources
- If outside sources are used, include APA in-text citations
- If outside sources are used, include an APA Reference page
- Include a running header
- Be objective and avoid using “I,” “me,” “you,” “we,” or “us.”
Follow the Definition grading rubric found in the unit readings.